Esthetic Modalities Certification - November 8th
Monday, November 8th | 9am to 5pm
This eight-hour course is designed for licensed professionals who want to learn about popular esthetic modalities and creating skincare services around technology.
Multiple modalities exist including ultrasonic, microdermabrasion, microcurrent, high-frequency, LED, and hydradermabrasion. We’ll break down the mechanism of action of these popular technologies, when to use each for different skin types and conditions, and how to combine with skincare products for the most effective results. In addition, investing in equipment is an important decision for the individual esthetician. Being able to break down the benefits is helpful for small business owners.
Each licensed professional will receive important background information such as a review of skin anatomy, consultation/contraindications, treatment protocols, comparison of technology, aftercare suggestions, and business building tips to help their spa/salon implement the service.
This is a perfect course if you're not sure which devices to incorporate into your menu.
- Review of skin anatomy
- Review of skin conditions and diseases
- Contraindications and concerns
- Safety and sanitation
- Esthetic modality overview: Ultrasonic, Microdermabrasion, Hydradermabrasion, High Frequency, LED, and Microcurrent
- Comparing each technology
- Client consultation and choosing the appropriate modality
- Client aftercare
- Business-building and marketing
Monday, November 8th| 9am to 5pm
- Certification that is recognized by the Board of Cosmetology in MA
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BRING?
A mask is required. Please bring your own pen.
Please be prepared to pair up and work on each other during the hands-on.